Shivanga for Men
Upcoming Shivanga Initiation and Culmination 2018
|INITIATION||CULMINATION DATE||YATRA DATE|
|Mar 01, Thu||Apr 14, Sat||Apr 15, Sun|
|Mar 31, Sat||May 13, Sun||May 14, Mon|
|Apr 29, Sun
|Jun 12, Tue||Jun 13, Wed|
|May 29, Tue (Buddha Purnima)||Jul 11, Wed||Jul 12, Thu|
|Jun 27, Wed||Aug 9, Thu||Aug 10, Thu
|Jul 27, Fri (Gurupurnima)||Sep 08, Sat||Sep 09, Sun|
|Aug 26, Sun||Oct 07, Sun||Oct 08, Mon (Mahalaya Amavasya)|
|Sep 24, Mon||Nov 05, Mon||Nov 06, Tue (Deepavali)|
|Oct 24, Wed||Dec 05, Wed||Dec 06, Thu|
|Nov 22, Thu||January 2019||January 2019|
|Dec 22, Sat||February 2019||February 2019|
Sadhana Guidelines for Men:
- The sadhana begins on Pournami and ends on Shivarathri, 42 days later.
- Shivangas will be initiated into the Shivanamaskar practice and the appropriate mantras.
- Shivanamaskaram should be done with devotion 21 times a day, either before sunrise or after sunset on an empty stomach.
- It is mandatory for the Shivangas to be at the Dhayanalinga in Coimbatore on Shivarathri.
- Shower/bath should be taken twice a day. Herbal bathing powder (snanam podi) can be used instead of soap.
- Biksha must be received from at least 21 people.
- During the period of the vrata, smoking, consuming alcohol and eating non-vegetarian food are not allowed.
- Only 2 meals can be had during the day. The first meal should be after 12 noon.
- Whites or light color clothing can be worn during the Sadhana period.
For registration and more details…