Shivanga for Men
Upcoming Shivanga Initiation and Culmination 2019
|INITIATION||CULMINATION DATE||YATRA DATE|
|Oct 24, Wed (2018)||Dec 05, Wed (2018)||Dec 6, Thu (2018)|
|Nov 22, Thu (2018)||Jan 04, Fri||Jan 05, Sat|
|Dec 22, Sat (2018)||Feb 03, Sun||Feb 04, Mon (Thai Amavasya)|
|Jan 20, Sun||March 04, Mon||March 04, Mon (Mahashivaratri)|
|Feb 19, Tue||April 03, Wed||April 04, Thu|
|Mar 20, Wed||May 03, Fri||May 04, Sat|
|Apr 19, Fri (Chitra Purnima)||Jun 01, Sat||Jun 02, Sun|
|May 18, Sat (Budda Purnima)||Jul 01, Mon||Jul 02, Tue|
|Jun 17, Mon||Jul 30, Tue||Jul 31, Wed (Adi Amavasya)|
|Jul 16 Tue (Guru Purnima)||Aug 28, Wed||Aug 29 Thu|
|Aug 15, Thu||Sep 27, Fri||Sep 28, Sat (Mahalaya Amavasya)|
|Sep 13, Fri||Oct 26, Sat||Oct 27, Sun Deepavali|
|Oct 13, Sun||Nov 24, Sun||Nov 25, Mon|
|Nov 12, Tue||Dec 24, Tue||Dec 25, Wed|
Sadhana Guidelines for Men:
- The sadhana begins on Pournami and ends on Shivarathri, 42 days later.
- Shivangas will be initiated into the Shivanamaskar practice and the appropriate mantras.
- Shivanamaskaram should be done with devotion 21 times a day, either before sunrise or after sunset on an empty stomach.
- It is mandatory for the Shivangas to be at the Dhayanalinga in Coimbatore on Shivarathri.
- Shower/bath should be taken twice a day. Herbal bathing powder (snanam podi) can be used instead of soap.
- Biksha must be received from at least 21 people.
- During the period of the vrata, smoking, consuming alcohol and eating non-vegetarian food are not allowed.
- Only 2 meals can be had during the day. The first meal should be after 12 noon.
- Whites or light color clothing can be worn during the Sadhana period.
For registration and more details…