Shivanga for Men
Dates for 2016 & 2017
|Dec 13, Tuesday (2016)||Jan 27, Friday|
|Jan 12, Thursday||Feb 24, Friday (Mahashivratri)|
|Feb 10, Friday||Mar 27, Monday|
|Mar 12, Sunday||April 25, Tuesday|
|April 10, Monday||May 25, Thursday|
|May 10, Wednesday (Chitra Pournami)||June 23, Friday|
|June 9, Friday||July 22, Saturday|
|July 8, Saturday (Guru Purnima)||Aug 21, Monday|
|Aug 7, Monday||Sep 19, Tuesday|
|Sep 5, Tuesday||Oct 19, Thursday|
|Oct 5, Thursday||Nov 17, Friday|
|Nov 3, Friday||Dec 17, Sunday|
Sadhana Guidelines for Men:
- The sadhana begins on Pournami and ends on Shivarathri, 42 days later.
- Shivangas will be initiated into the Shivanamaskar practice and the appropriate mantras.
- Shivanamaskaram should be done with devotion 21 times a day, either before sunrise or after sunset on an empty stomach.
- It is mandatory for the Shivangas to be at the Dhayanalinga in Coimbatore on Shivarathri.
- Shower/bath should be taken twice a day. Herbal bathing powder (snanam podi) can be used instead of soap.
- Biksha must be received from at least 21 people.
- During the period of the vrata, smoking, consuming alcohol and eating non-vegetarian food are not allowed.
- Only 2 meals can be had during the day. The first meal should be after 12 noon.
- Whites or light color clothing can be worn during the Sadhana period.
For registration and more details…